- Increase enrolment and retention of school going population (aged between 5-18 years) with emphasis on gender equity and inclusiveness; while address socio-cultural barriers that hinder the enrolment of girls and children with special needs through community mobilization and sensitization, and by combating violence in the school place.
- Facilitate the integration HIV prevention education for teachers, youth and children into education;
- Improve teacher competence through in-service training, mentoring and provision of basic incentives.
- Provide psychosocial training to teachers in IDP sites and other emergency affected areas and psychosocial outreach to children through child-friendly spaces and integrate life-skills based approaches to HIV.
- Facilitate the availability of adequate and relevant basic education materials, kits and supplies.